Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Meme Queen

First off, if you are unfamiliar with the word "meme" , allow me to clarify:
~meme 
(meem) noun
a.) a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition and replication in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.
b.) a cultural item in the form of an image, video, phrase, etc., that is spread via the Internet and often altered in a creative or humorous way.
(definition from dictionary.com)

I love memes. I love texting with memes. They amusing and, as I found out today, are awesome for handling unknown texts. Allow me to elaborate.

See, I have this texting app on my iPod and when I am at home, I text my family and Sunny Jane with it. I don't give the number out, post it online, anything. On occasion, I have gotten texts and calls from people I don't know, which I either ignore or text back "Wrong Number".
Well, yesterday, someone texted my ipod:


Now, my parents are going out of town, but how does this person know? Or was it just a coincidence? Obviously, I wasn't just gonna tell them who I was? After all, I asked them first! Rude! So, I decided memes were the perfect passive aggressive response:


I started out simple. Patrick from Sponge Bob. What can I say, his retarded face makes me laugh! Then my sister suggested Inigo Montoya. Perfect! But what could I use next? I wanted to stick with the "This is.... " theme and (thank you Google!) found these gems:



SPARTA!!! I was laughing so hard at this point but I wasn't getting any response... Clearly I wasn't trying hard enough!

Good ol Liam Neeson finally got me an answer. Two in fact, the second being the best...


No. No I can not stop. But seriously, YOU text me and ask about my parents leaving but refuse to tell me who you are?? Come on.... But I couldn't leave things like that soooo


I guess the Meme Queen was too much... I can't decide if I want this to be an encounter with a complete stranger or someone I actually know... Either way, thank you random citizen! I loved talking with you, it made my day! In the words of the 9th Doctor:


~Rachel
(All characters/images belong to their respective owners, blah, blah, blah)

No comments:

Post a Comment